Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide "essential services", that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following "additional services":
- Child health surveillance, together with the health visiting team.
- Contraceptive services (specialist services such as IUCD insertion are available at any Family Planning Clinic).
- Maternity services, in the antenatal and postnatal period, together with the midwives from the Southern General Hospital.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the health visiting team. However, the pre-school immunisations will no longer be performed in the surgery from the week beginning 16th July 2018. From that date on, they will be administered at the Shields Centre Community Immunisation Clinic, 80 McCulloch Street, Glasgow G41 1NX.
We also hold contracts with GG+C NHS for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.
- If you have not been seen at the surgery for three years (or one year for those over 75) you can request a check-up appointment if you wish.