Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide "essential services", that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following "additional services":
- Child health surveillance, together with the health visiting team.
- Contraceptive services (specialist services such as IUCD insertion are available at any Family Planning Clinic).
- Maternity services, in the antenatal and postnatal period, together with the midwives from the Southern General Hospital. Routine immunisation of children, together with the health visiting team.
- Cervical smears
We also hold contracts with GG+C NHS for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.
- If you have not been seen at the surgery for three years (or one year for those over 75) you can request a check-up appointment if you wish.