Practice Pledge - Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- It is your responsibility to extend the same courtesy and politeness to the practice team.
You have the right to be seen urgently if your condition necessitates this.
- It is your responsibility not to mis-use urgent appointments that may be required for other patients.
You have the right to be informed if you will be kept waiting for more than 30 minutes past your appointment.
- It is your responsibility to inform us in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment
You have the right to collect your repeat prescription within 24 hours of making your request.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you order your repeat prescription in good time, before you run out of medication.
It is your right to expect a high standard of efficient and up-to-date healthcare.
- It is your responsibility to aid us in providing this, by being aware of the information in the practice booklet and accessing our services appropriately.
In the rare event of a patient being violent or threateningly abusive to staff or other people in the surgery, we may call the police, and we may ask the Health Board to remove that patient from our list. There is a special GP practice in the city to which violent patients will be referred.